1. About Your Privacy
- At Venture Connect, your privacy is very important to us. We are dedicated to providing you with superior service while protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
- "Personal Information" is defined in Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as information about an identifiable individual, though it does not include the name, business title, business address or telephone number of employees of organizations.
2. Our Ten Privacy Principles
Venture Connect is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information and we have adopted the ten principles, set by PIPEDA, which are:
- Identifying the purposes for which personal information is collected.
- Obtaining consent except where the law provides an exemption.
- Limiting the tax collection of personal information.
- Limiting the use, disclosure and retention of personal information.
- Accuracy of personal information.
- Safeguarding personal information.
- Openness about our policies and procedures.
- Providing access to personal information as required and permitted by law.
- Responding promptly to any questions or enquiries concerning compliance.
3. Why We Collect and Use Personal Information
- Collecting personal information about you is essential to our being able to provide the products and services that best meet the needs of both yourself and third parties who wish to obtain our services and products (“Clients”). While the personal information we collect may come directly from you, it may also be provided by our affiliates or other third parties.
- Personal information may be used:
- to determine eligibility for products and services;
- to process applications of Clients, and provide requested information, products or services;
- to understand and assess Clients' ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs;
- for billing and accounting services relating to our products and services:
- for Client communication, service and administration;
- for internal, external and regulatory audit purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; or
- to share or exchange reports and information with suppliers and merchants authorized or selected by us to provide products, services or promotions to you or to any other person, corporation, firm or enterprise to verify the accuracy of personal information.
- Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent for such use.
4. Consent to Use Personal Information
- Consent may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances. Express consent could be in writing (for example in a signed consent, e-mail or online application form), or verbally in person or over the telephone. When we receive personal information from you to enable us to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner is implied. If you need to provide personal information about other individuals (such as employees or agents), you must first obtain their consent for these purposes prior to your disclosure to us.
- Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. By withdrawing your consent, or not providing it in the first place, you may limit or even prevent us from being able to provide you or an authorized third party with the products or services desired.
- In certain circumstances, consent cannot be withdrawn. There are also legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order.
5. Sharing personal information with others
- In providing our services, we may need to disclose the personal information we collect to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us.
- As we continue to develop and grow, we may buy or sell parts of a business. As our businesses consist primarily of client relationships, information regarding the particular accounts or services being purchased or sold could include personal information and be one of the transferred business assets.
- In certain circumstances, we may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes. d. We may also use this personal information to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs, from ourselves, our affiliates or reputable organizations selected by us. If you do not wish to receive these offers or such information, please contact our Privacy Officer as outlined below in the contact information section.
6. Keeping information accurate
- It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances - simply contact our local office as set out below.
- Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, let us know and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us.
7. How We Safeguard Personal Information
- We employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
- Our service providers and agents are required to maintain Client confidentiality, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
- Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
8. Privacy and the Internet
- We may collect user information from our web site (for example, via cookies which are alphanumeric identifiers transmitted from a web site to a visitor's browser and IP address). This information may be used to enable us to provide you with a customized online experience and to find ways to improve our site. Although cookies are widely used, it may be possible to disable cookies via your browser settings. However, in so doing, some web sites may not function properly or optimally.
9. Contact Information
Please contact our Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by clicking here.